Privacy Statement in the context of providing legal and tax advice
Your privacy is very important for SD Worx. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, process and disclose your personal information and how you can access, change or delete your personal information.
To which services does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, use, and safeguard your personal information while providing tax and legal advisory services to organizations and their employees. SD Worx provides advice to employers in the following areas: employment law, tax and social security law, privacy law, pension law and migration law. In addition, SD Worx processes income tax returns for employees of certain organizations.
SD Worx qualifies as a data controller for the performance of the aforementioned services and is therefore responsible for the collection, use, sharing, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our privacy standards, this Privacy Statement, as well as any applicable national laws.
SD Worx has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any questions about how SD Worx deals with privacy and data protection, please contact our DPO, whose contact details can be found in the 'Contact' section below.
What this Online Privacy Statement is not about
This Online Privacy Statement does not apply to your personal information that we process on behalf of your employer as part of the SD Worx HR and payroll services. Your employer remains the data controller for these activities, and therefore your employer will provide you with a privacy statement that applies to these activities. SD Worx has concluded a separate Data Processing Agreement with your employer. This agreement guarantees that we will process your personal information securely and in accordance with applicable laws. For questions on the personal information that your employer provides to us as part of the HR and payroll services that we deliver, or your privacy rights as an employee, please contact your employer’s HR department.
What data do we collect from you?
You or your employer provide(s) SD Worx with most of the data we collect. The types of personal data we may collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, address, email address, and phone number)
- Identification information (such as your social security number)
- Employment information (such as job title, employer name, work history, wage and other employment conditions, information about your performance)
- Financial information (such as bank account details for payment processing)
- If we process your income tax return, also other financial information will be processed with regard to your income and your possessions: we refer to the information that is typically requested by the tax authorities in an income tax declaration form.
- Legal and tax-related information (such as case details, tax returns, and supporting documents)
In case of legal advice, SD Worx may also receive your data from your (ex-)employer and parties that work for your (ex-)employer, for example, but not limited to, the occupational health & safety service.
How do we use this data?
We use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing tax and legal advice and services to our clients
- Offering tax services to employees and filing income tax returns on their behalf
How to access, control & delete your personal data?
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information and to request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law:
- You have the right to know what personal information we process
- You can request us to update your information if your personal information is incomplete or incorrect
- You can request to delete or restrict the use of your personal information
- You can object to the processing of your personal information
These right may be limited due to the trusted client-advisor relationship that we have with your (ex-)employer.
To access, control, delete other types of information or if you have a question about your rights in general, you can contact SD Worx following the instructions in the ‘Contact’ section below.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes. Data is stored in accordance with legal, regulatory, financial, and best-practice business requirements. Once the retention period expires, we ensure secure data disposal.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Your employer (personal information that you send to us for your personal income tax declaration, will under no circumstances be shared with your employer);
- Public organizations, such as the Dutch Tax Authority or a court of law;
- Legal and tax advisors who assist us in providing tax- and legal services;
- Organizations that provide us with tooling to provide our services.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to keeping your data safe and have employed a team of security specialists that monitor the security measures we take. We have an information security program and continuously implement and update administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. This includes safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, physical security and information access controls.
Changes to this Online Privacy Statement
SD Worx reserves the right to update this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on our websites and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this statement.
Escalate to the supervisory authority
You have the right to make a complaint to your local supervisory authority, the Data Protection Authority. More information on how to do this can be found on their website: www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl or https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Online Privacy Statement or this topic, you can contact our Data Protection Officer via:
SD Worx People Solutions NV
T.a.v.: Data Protection Officer
or via e-mail:
If you are a data subject and you have privacy related questions, you can also contact your contact person at SD Worx.